Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pre-Con

So the day has come....the day I thought would never come.....COMIC CON.

I never thought I would be able to go. It was on my bucket list. Every year it happens and every year I am jealous I am not there.

I am still in awe of the fact that there is a chance I will be in the same space as some of my favorite comic book legends.( Stan Lee and Marc Silvestri to name a few.)There may be some geek tears shed during this 4 day geek freak debacle. I mean after all its not everyday a geeky girls dreams come true.

I am going to brave the seas of geek humanity to behold the Mecca of our ( comic book) geek religion.This is our sanctuary, our holy land. This is where we pray to the gods of Marvel and DC, Dark Horse , Top Cow and Vertigo.

I am trying to not go into this experience with too many expectation. I have hopes, dream and reality.

Hopes that I will somehow get more signatures from artist and stars then I expected.Hopes of being able to see fantastic graphic novel art ( my favorite kind)! Hopes of find something cool among the vender's to buy and bring home.

Dreams. I have dreams that some how when I am at the Tweet- House party Zachary Levi will see me, fall madly in love with me and I can have all his babies. ( Too personal?! sorry!)

Real Dream. I get to meet Stan Lee . I am a Marvel girl after all. I only read Marvel comic, X-men to be exact.

Reality.Things I know to expect. LOTS and LOTS of people, and entirely to much spandex :shudders:....and I am about to geek out like I have never done before.

I am so excited !!! I am looking forward to a trip with good friends, visiting one of my favorite cites and swimming in seas of comic book geek-y-ness. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment